When advising clients regarding federal cannabis regulation, the first question is usually “Why do I need to worry about this now?”
In this issue of Verde’s “State of the Plant”, the Verde team will discuss in depth the six reasons why you need to prepare today for federal cannabis regulation.
- Accelerated state and federal legislative action
- Strong (90+%) voter support entering the mid-term elections
- Complexity of federal compliance
- Immense number of state legal businesses that will need to obtain a federal license
- Cost and availability of highly qualified advisors who are knowledgeable, experienced and have worked with the federal Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), the agency which will be tasked with developing and administering federal cannabis regulations
- The risk of civil and criminal penalties for non-compliance, including a potential business shut down for fraudulent conduct
To learn more about why you need to start preparing today for federal compliance please click the link below:
Verde Compliance Partners is a national consulting firm focused on guiding clients through federal cannabis permitting, taxation, and regulatory compliance. Our firm prepares and navigates cannabis growers and processors through the regulatory, legal, and administrative requirements necessary to comply with current and future federal regulations. With decades of experience in high level positions in the U.S. Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), and it’s predecessor, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (BATF), Verde is uniquely qualified to prepare cannabis industry stakeholders for the implementation of federal regulation.